Achievements of Students
Achievements for the Year 2012-13
- Mr. Shankar Balnaik of III Semester of LL.B., won the first prize in Discus through by setting a new meet record of 33.66 mtr. In second inter collegiate athletic meet held on 9th and 10th November 2012 in Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi.
- Inter-Collegiate Zonal Level Youth Festival – Our College Team participated in Inter Collegiate Zonal Level Youth Festival on 22nd and 23rd Nov. 2012 at KLE’s S. A. Manvi Law College, Gadag. The following students have participated and respectively won the prizes, under 8 different events.
|Name of the students||Event||Prize|
|Parag Sharma||Western Vocal Solo||1|
|Sangeeta Sangannavar||On spot painting||2|
|Vishwanath SultanpuriRohan KetkarVenu GosaviAjay Raikhda Sanah Isani Sahana Bannigol||Skit||2|
|Vishwanath Sultanpuri||On spot Photography||3|
|Anagha Sunil||Light Vocal Solo||3|
- Debate Union: Mr. Vishwanath P. Allannavar participated in ‘Martyrs’s Day Extempore Speech Competition’ conducted by Gogte College of Commerce, Belagavi on 30.01.2013 and won the III prize.
- Ms. Savita Chikkanagoudar participated in the debating competition conducted by the Vidyavardhaka Sangh, Dharwad on 12th Sept. 2012 and won the first prize with cash prize of Rs. 1,000.
- Ms. Supriya Paranjape participated in A. D. Shroff Memorial Intercollegiate Elocution Competition on 7th October 2012 and won first prize of Rs. 1,200.
- Mr. Vishwanath Sultanpuri won a consolation prize in paper presentation on ‘Development of Entreprenural skill among Educated Youth’ conducted by Montensar memorial Arts & Science College, Sirsi.
- BBA Fest – Arunodaya 2.0 conducted 22nd and 23rd Feb. 2013
- 3rd M. K. Nambyar Memorial National Level Moot Court Competition held on 8th of March to 10th of March 2013 – 120 Participants from 11 States – Inaugurated by Dr. T.R. Subramanya, Vice Chancellor, KSLU, Hubballi. Hon’ble Justice A. S. Pachhapure, High Court of Karnataka was the Chief Guest of the Valedictory.
- NSS Special Camp for 7 days from 25th March 2013 to 31st March 2013 was held at “Silence Valley” Kinaye village, Belagavi in association with Gram Panchayat, Kinaye, Bramha Kumaris, Retreat Centre, Mahantesh Nagar, Belagavi.
- 32 Student Volunteers (Boys – 21, Girls – 11 ) have participated.
- The camp was inaugurated by Dr. N. Mudduraju, NSS coordinator, KSLU, Hubballi.
- Rajyogini BK Vidya Deshpande and Sri Maruti K. Dukre, President Gram Panchayat, Kinaye were the Guests of Honors
- Sri Abdul Nandgadi, Advocate, Khanapur, was the Chief Guest at the Valedictory Function. Rajyogini BK Vidya Deshpande was the Guest of Honor and Rajyogini BK Sulochana was the President of the Valedictory function.
- Our college moot team consisting of Ms. Harshita kulkarni, Mr. Akshay Katti and Ms. Shweta Bembalgi participated in the Moot Court competition held at Kerala Law School, from 7th to 9th Feb. 2013.
- Eminent personalities who visited the college
- Justice Smt. B. V. Nagaratna, Judge, High Court of Karnataka
- Sri Suresh Kumar, Minister for Law and Parliament Affairs and Urban Development, Govt. of Karnataka
- Dr. T.R. Subramanya, Vice Chancellor, KSLU, Hubballi
- Hon’ble Justice A. S. Pachhapure, High Court of Karnataka
- Rajyogini BK Vidya Deshpande
- Sri Jinadatta Desai
- Sri. V. A. Karaguppikar, Freedom Fighter
Achievements for the Year 2013-14
Declaration of Ranks by the Karnataka University, Dharwad
- First Rank Chikanagoudar Savita
- Second Rank Bikkannavar Bhagyashree
- Two-Days National Seminar on “Gender Justice: A Panorama” Sponsored by the University Grants Commission on 29th and 30th March, 2014
- Guest speakers for the Sessions were
- Inaugurated by Shri A. N. Solapurkar, Retd.
- Chandrika, Asst. Prof., S.C. Nandimath Law College, Bagalkot
- Nirmala Kumari, Asst. Prof., Vaikunta Baliga College of Law, Udupi
- Arundhati Kulkarni, Asst. Prof., Govt. Law College, Holenarsipur, Hassan
- Sandeep Desai, Asst. Prof., Christ Law University, Bangalore,
Student speakers for the Sessions were
- Harshita Kulkarni,
- Akshay Katti,
- Sanah Isani,
Sri V. N. Joshi, Former Presiding Officer, Lok Adalat was the Chief Guest at the Valedictory function.
- A Guest Lecture was organised on “Systematic voters Education and Electorate Participation” on 08.04.2014
- Shri B. G. Patil, Lecturer, S. S. Arts and T. P. Science Institute, Sankeshwar,
- Shri A. H. Hawaldar, Assistant Professor, RLLC, Belagavi.
- NSS Special Camp was held for 7 days, i.e., from 30th April 2014 to 6th May 2014 at “Silence Valley” Kinaye village, Belagavi, in association with the Gram Panchayat, Kinaye, Bramha Kumaris, Retreat Centre, Mahantesh Nagar,
The Camp was inaugurated by Sri Sunil Bagade, NSS coordinator, KSLU, Hubballi. Shri Maruti K. Dukre, President Gram Panchayat, Kinaye, was the Guest of Honor, while Rajyogini BK Vidya Deshpande was the President of the function.
The following guests delivered special lectures in the Camp
- B. G. Patil, Lecturer, S. S. Arts and T. P. Science Institute Sankeshwar
- Rajyogini BK Vidya Deshpande
- Sri A. H. Hawaladar, Asst. Prof., R. L. Law College, Belagavi
- Shri Shivacharaya Swamiji of Hukkeri – Hiremath
- S. K. Venkatram, Director, Bhartesh Institutions, on “Entrepreneur Skills”
Rajyogini B.K. Sulochana was the Chief Guest at the Valedictory Function.
Basavarj Jarali and Mr. Chaitany Joshi were University Blues represented Karnataka State Law University at South Zone Inter University Tournament.
- Akshaya Katti won the First prize in an Inter Collegiate Elocution Competition organized by Forum Against Corruption.
- Akshaya Katti and Miss Padmashri Mutalik won the 1st prize in the debate competition and Mr. Akshaya Katti won the First prize in an Elocution Competition in the Zonal Youth Festival conducted by Karnataka State Law University
- Tejaswini Sogalad and Miss Padmashri Mutalik won the 1st prize in the debate competition conducted by Hurkadli Ajja Law College, Dharwad
- Akshaya Katti won the 1st prize in the debate competition in the Inter Zonal Youth Festival conducted by Karnataka State Law University.
- Miss Padmashri Mutalik won the 1st prize in the Classical Solo Dance and Miss Sangeeta Sangannavar won the 3rd prize in Spot Painting competitions.
- Miss Sangeeta Sangannavar won the best performer award in skit competition on ‘Consumer Protection Act’ conducted by J. S. Sakri Law College, Hubballi.
- Savita Hugar, a proud alumnus was appointed as Dy.S. P.
- Students of the Law College who were selected as Judicial Officers
- Shri Vishwanath V Mugati
- Shri K. Guruprasad
- Shri Rajesh M. Kamate
- Shri Ganagadhar C. Hadapad
- Shri Shivanand M. Jipare
- Shri Venkatesh B. Hosmani
- Shri M. R. Wadeyar
- Shri I. M. Mujawar
- Shri Rajesh S. Chinnannavar
- Shri Guruprasad R. Kulkarni
- Shri Hanamantarao Kulkarni
- Smt. Ashwini M. Hattiholi
- Shri Hanumanth A. Satwik
- Shri Deepak Patil
- Shri Allappa M. Badiger
- Shri Shivanand L. Anchi
- Shri Kurani Kant Dhaku
- Shri Padmakar Vanakudre
- Smt. Deepa Gopal Manerkar
- Shri Mahesh Patil
- Miss Nisaratbanu B. S.
- Students of the Law College who were selected as Assistant Public Prosecutor
- Shri D. D. Harugeri
- Shri Bharat B. Shirhatti
- Shri Ajith Janagowda
- Shri Vinayak Mayannavar
- Shri Lagama Hukkeri
- Shri N. N. Mirza
- Shri M. M. Kanatti
- Shri Gandhi Biraj
Eminent personalities who visited the college
- Hon’ble Judge Shri K. N. Paneedra, Principal, District and Sessions Judge, Belagavi as the Chief Guest
- Rambhadrapriya Das, ISKCON
- Shri Satyanarayan, S. P. Lokayukta
- Justice L. Narayana Swamy, Hon’ble Judge, High Court of Karnataka
- Justice A. S. Pachhapure, Hon’ble Judge, High Court of Karnataka
- Shri C. S. Patil, Dean, Faculty of Law, KSLU, Hubballi
- Shri B. K. Ravindra, Principal, S.D.M. Law College, Mangalore
- (Dr.) T. R. Subramanya, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Karnataka State Law University, Hubballi
- Justice Sri P. Narayan, Former Judge, High Court of Andhra Pradesh
- Justice Sri N. Kumar, High Court of Karnataka, Bangalore
- C. Rajashekhar, Chairman, PG Department of Studies in Law, Dharwad
- Bhartchandra, Internationally acclaimed Personality Coach
- Sri Rajesh Shinde, Ekalavya Awardee
- Sri Anup Deshpande, Syndicate Member K.S.L.U.
- Sri Chandrashekar Reddy, Civil Judge, Sr. Division
Achievements for the Year 2014-15
Winners of the Shoot Mania (Foot Ball) Competition “Odessy Techno Fest” Organised by Jain College of Engineering, Belgavi.
|Mr. Vinayak A.||Mr. Alok Patil||Mr. Sujeet H.||Mr. Gaurav P.|
|Mr. Vishal C.||Mr. Rakesh H.||Mr. Ashish K.||Mr. Vijay G.|
- UGC Sponsored Two day National Seminar on “Information, Communication and Technology: Law and Regulation” was organised in the college wherein delegates from all over Karnatak were attended.
The following technical sessions were held:
- Telecom Transactions by Shri. G. M. Wagh, Principal, R. L. Law College, Belagavi.
- Telecom Regulatory Framework by Dr. Babugouda S.Patil, V. M. Salgaocar College of Law, Panjim, Goa.
- Economics of Telecommunication & Telecommunication Regulation by Dr. Sabanna Talwar, HOD, Economics Dept. R.C. University, Belagavi.
- Competition issues in Telecommunication by Shri Sajal Sharma, Asst. Prof. School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore.
- Telecom Regulatory Issues by Prof. Abhijit Rohi, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore.
The following persons presented papers.
- ICT in Rural Area by Prof. Navin Kanbargi, Gomatesh Degree College, Belagavi.
- Data Protection Laws in India by Ms. Shruti Kulkarni, Student, R.L. Law College, Belgaum.
- Public Call office (PCO) by Ms. Tejashwini Sogalad, Student, R.L. Law College, Belgaum.
- Basics of Telecommunication by Shri Rahul Bhandurge, Lecturer, RLLC, Belagavi.
- Our college team consisting of Ms. Tejaswini S., Ms. Shrividya Z. and Ms. Shewta B. has participated in the Appellate Moot Court Competition organised by DES’s Navalmal Firodia Law College, Pune and won the Best Memorial Prize.
- Our college team consisting of Mr. Vishwanta S., Mr. Mahantesh H. and Mr. Amar Patil has participated in the National Level Moot Court Competition organised by Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College, Pondhicherry, and won at the Quarter Final Round.
- Mr. Akshay Katti and Mr. Anand Ashtekar of our College have participated in the Model United Nation’s Assembly, organised by KLE’s M. S. Sheshgiri College of Engineering, Belagavi and won the prize for Best Nation. Mr. Akshay Katti also won the prize for Best Male Speaker in the Assembly.
- Mr. Chaitanya Joshi is recognised as University Blue for the sport of Badminton and represented KSLU, Hubballi in Inter University Badminton Competition.
- “One Day Workshop on Court Practice and Procedure” was held for the benefit of students of R. L. Law College. Advocates Shri Vishram Deshpande, Shri A. R. Patil and Shri Srivtsa Hegde conducted sessions on Civil Court Procedure, Criminal Court Procedure and High Court Procedure, respectively.
- The VIBGYOR in-house event was organised by the B.B.A.,LL.B. students on Sunday 10th May 2015. The event started at 9 a.m. The following competitions were conducted in VIBGYOR.
- Cook Without Fire
- Ad Mad Show
- Tug of war
Various judges have been invited to judge the compitions. The judges were expert in the respective fields.
- Mr. Jemson Vaz for Ad Mad Show
- Mr. Tushar Katti for Photography
- Mr. Vasant Nirmale for Caricature and Rangoli
- Mrs. Meena Potdar for Cook Without fire
- Eminent personalities who visited the college
- Shri P. S. Dineshkumar, Hon’ble Justice, High Court of Karnataka
- Shri Phaneendra B.L., Forensic Evidence on Documents and Handwriting
- A.G. Bujurke, Physical Director, VTU
- Tubaki, Kankanwadi Ayurvedic Medical College, Belagavi
- Rambhadrapriya Das, ISKCON, Belagavi
- S. Deshpande, Principal, Gogte Institute of Technology, Belagavi
- Babugouda Patil, Associate Prof. Salgoakar Law College, Panjim, Goa
- Sabanna Talwar, HOD, Dept. of Economics, Rani Channamma University, Belagavi
- Sri Navin Kanabargi
- Sri Abhijit Rohi, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore
- Sri Sajal Sharma, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore
- Sri P. Krishna Bhat, Principal District and Session Judge, Belagavi
- Sri M. Chandrashekar Reddy, Senior Civil Judge
- Sri S. G. Kulkarni, Principal, Gogte College of Commerce, Belagavi
- Sri Suhas Rajput, Placement Officer, Trinity College of Management, Belagavi
- Sri Chandrakant Kusnoor, Renowned Writer, Belagavi